Being able to view long, narrow arcs of light extending east to west from horizon to horizon in bands that kink, fold, and swirl, or even ruffle like curtains in the arctic firmament from your own privacy located by the mouth of the Rakfjord is not a fiction.
These custom built Aurora Domes are purposely situated by the waterfront location of Rakkfjord to boasts stunning display of light in the night sky. Especially when it reflects of Rakkfjord, the clear ocean water will turn into milky greenish, red, blue, violet, pink, or white depends on the nature itself.
The custom built domes can accommodate up to 4 people and is one of a kind in Norway. During the stay, you will be transported to your personal dome located far away from artificial lights to optimize the aurora experience from both panorama and skyline windows. You may enjoy your dinner and breakfast either in your personal dome or at the main dinning hall. Furthermore, you are more than welcome to explore our Sami village located within a walking distance.
- Pickup location is at the Clarion Hotel, The Edge - 14:30
- Drop of next day at the same location 13:00
- Winter clothing
- Winter explorer hat
- Hot beverage
- Easy, although quite demanding for people who have problems with back pain or legs
- Not recommended for people over 60
- Please note, that this will be an overnight stay in the wilderness, without modern conveniences like wi-fi or shower
- Price: NOK 5,900 per room for two.
- Extra bed NOK 1,500,
- Breakfast delivered to the Dome NOK 150 per person.
- Dinner delivered to the Dome NOK 300 per person.