AURORA SAMI ICE FISHING
Ice fishing and northern lights viewing, two winter activities in a combination you may only experience in the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve, which is only 30 minute away from Tromsøya Island. Upon arrival, local Sami herding family from Kvaløya will greet you and transport you with a traditional reindeer sledge from our Sami village up to the frozen lake with an astonishing view.
This activity is ideal to add diversity to your Northern Lights viewing experience as Sami people did for generations while resting on a reindeer skin and sink the lure through the ice hole while the Northern Lights are dancing above you. It is simply something you must experience. We will light a bonfire near the snow shelter besides the ice fishing spot, and maybe you will get to cook your own catch.
- Pickup location is at the Clarion Hotel, The Edge - 19:00
- Winter clothing
- Winter explorer hat
- Extra: fishing rods and baits
- Hot beverage
- Please note, that changing of warm clothes, snowmobile transfer, walking on snow and sitting on reindeer skin on the icy lake might create some difficulties for people over 60 or those, who have problems walking
- Adult - NOK 1 600,-
- Under 12 years - NOK 800,-
- Bidos reindeer stew - NOK 100,-