Be adventurous, bundle up in winter clothing and step out onto a frozen lake in the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve during crisp winter day with your sled full of fishing gear. While resting on a reindeer skin you will experience letting the fish lure sink into the hole drilled in ice and show off your fishing skills. The satisfaction feeling of catching fish is indescribable and it has to be experienced.
Local Sami herding family from Kvaløya will transport you with a traditional reindeer sledge full of fishing gear from our Sami village up to the frozen lake located in the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve, where the scenery is surreal.
You will experience ice fishing as Sami people have for generations by resting on a reindeer skin and sink the lure through the hole in the ice and show off your fishing skills. It is impossible to put the feeling of catching a fish from a small ice-hole into words. It is simply something you have to experience. Later, we will light a bonfire near the snow shelter besides the ice fishing spot, and maybe you will get to cook your own catch.
- Pickup location is at the Clarion Hotel, The Edge - 09:00
- Drop off at the same location - 13:00
- Pickup location is at the Hurtigruten kaia - 14:30
- Drop off at the same location - 18:30
- Winter clothing
- Winter explorer hat
- Extra: fishing rods and baits
- Hot beverage
- Please note, that changing of warm clothes, snowmobile transfer, walking on snow and sitting on reindeer skin on the icy lake might create some difficulties for people over 60 or those, who have problems walking
- Adult - NOK 1 600,-
- Under 12 years - NOK 800,-
- Bidos reindeer stew - NOK 100,-