Guided Reindeer Sledding
Embrace the guided adventure in Sami-style with reindeer sled and witness the stunning natural scenery of the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve. This bracing feeling will make you want to photograph all your memories.
Sami herding family from Kvaløya near Tromsø leads the reindeer sledding with you like they have for generations. During the adventure, you will interact with reindeer close-up and feed them while your guide is educating you about them.
You will also get to master lasso tying and throwing from the experts. At the end of the adventure, you will visit our Sami village and learn about Sami culture, history, listen to joik [traditional Sami folk song], and if you like taste bidos [traditional Sami stew] prepared by local Sami granny in a cosy Sami lavvu tent.
- Pickup location is at the Clarion Hotel, The Edge - 09:00
- Drop off at the same location - 13:00
- Winter clothing
- Winter explorer hat
- Hot beverage
- Please note, that it might be quite demanding while changing the warm clothes and walking on snow for people over 60 or those, who have problems walking
- Adult - NOK 1 600,-
- Under 12 years - NOK 800,-
- Bidos reindeer stew - NOK 100,-