Sami Lavvu Night
Spending a night in the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve as the Sami people did for generations and enjoy the magical energy of the nature with wood cracking bonfire as the sound track.
These custom built Sami Lavvus are purposely situated by the beautiful Dankarvågvatn Nature Reserve and will seduce you with the beautiful scenery. Especially when the aurora reflects, the surounding view will put over a milky greenish, red, blue, violet, pink, or white blanket depends on the nature itself to play tricks with your eyes.
The custom built lavvus can accommodate up to 6 people and is one of a kind in Norway. During the stay, you will be transported to the lavvu located far away from artificial lights and cilivization to optimize the native experience. If you choice to, you may enjoy traditional Sami dinner and breakfast.
- Pickup location is at the Clarion Hotel, The Edge - 19:00
- Drop of next day at the same location 13:00
- Winter clothing
- Winter explorer hat
- Winter sleeping bag
- Hot beverage
- Easy, although quite demanding for people who have problems with back pain or legs
- Not recommended for people over 60
- Please note, that this will be an overnight stay in the wilderness, without modern conveniences like wi-fi or shower
- Adult - NOK 2 600,-
- Under 12 years - NOK 1 300,-
- Bidos reindeer stew - NOK 100,-